American Cursive Instructor Certification Program
October 10-11, 2019
Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center
15500 E. 40th St
Block Rate $119/night, plus tax
• Defining handwriting
• Detailed information on: the nature of handwriting – the distinctly human form of personal communication; writing position, posture, a person’s Writing Zone, paper movement, recommended sizes of writing
• Recommendations/guidelines for teaching a variety of age levels
• Foundations of good handwriting
• Familiarization with common problems and mistakes and recommendations for correction
• Teaching methods
• Coordinating with school administration and educators
• Hands on worksheets
• Suggestions for teaching opportunities
The teaching approach presents insight into the history of handwriting, the importance of developing handwriting as a life skill for personal expression, and proven methods of instruction.
To equip and prepare you to teach American Cursive Handwriting
Marie has studied Spencerian writing with Master Penmen, Michael Sull and Harvest Crittenden. She has mastered American Cursive Handwriting under Mr. Sull’s tutelage. Mr. Sull is the author of the American Cursive Handwriting Curriculum which Marie uses to teach cursive handwriting to children and adults. Marie has been teaching handwriting for over ten years and is familiar with many systems of cursive handwriting. She has spent the past 6 years teaching handwriting to grades 3 -6 at a public classical school. Marie taught Handwriting at the 2017 and 2018 IAMPETH Conferences. She is the current President of IAMPETH 2018-2019 and has served on the Board for the past 3 years.
She is also skilled in the art of broad edge and pointed pen calligraphy. Marie has studied with Master Scribe, Sheila Waters and has taken classes with Master Penmen, Mike Kecseg, Rosemary Buczek, and Vivian Mungall, as well as lettering experts, Bill Kemp, Heather Held, Kathy Milici, Marian Gault and Angela Welch.
Your investment for this opportunity is $299. This fee includes 2 full days of instruction and handouts. A 50% deposit of $150.00 is required with registration to secure your place. There are only 25 spots available for this session of the ACICP. Register today to secure your reservation!
• American Cursive Handwriting Curriculum
Finish ACICP Payment
• Your deposit will be refunded minus a $20.00 administration fee if your registration is withdrawn by Aug.15, 2019.
• Your deposit will be refunded minus $75.00 if withdrawn between Aug. 16 and August 31, 2019.
• Your deposit will be refunded minus $100 if withdrawn between September 1 and September 26, 2019.
• After Sept 26, 2019, no refunds will be made. You may contact us to make arrangements to apply the deposit to another class.
If you have already registered for the ACICP, but only made your initial deposit, you can complete your payment by using the Pay Now button!
If you have not yet registered for the ACICP, please follow the Register Now link below to sign up to attend!
If you experience an error message when attempting to submit payment, please call to report and I will send you a private invoice.
Thank you for registering for the ACICP.
DEPOSIT: $150.00* Pay at time of registration, with the balance of $149.00 due no later than August 15, 2018. We accept check, credit cards and Paypal payments.
If paying by check, make checks payable to Marie Hornback and mail with your Registration Form and handwriting sample to: Marie Hornback, 450 S. Link Lane, Fort Collins, CO 80524
• Your deposit will be refunded minus a $20.00 administration fee if your registration is withdrawn by Aug.15, 2018.
• Your deposit will be refunded minus $75.00 if withdrawn between Aug. 16 and August 31, 2018.
• Your deposit will be refunded minus $100 if withdrawn between September 1 and September 26, 2018.
• After Sept 26, 2018, no refunds will be made. You may contact us to make arrangements to apply the deposit to another class.
Note: Your registration will not complete until payment has been submitted and received